How To Make Technology Work For Your Carpet Cleaning Business
Owning a carpet cleaning business is not just running a steam cleaner. There are customers to contact, people to manage, trucks to oversee, and marketing to put out. The list goes on and on. Luckily, there are new tech solutions emerging every day to make your job easier.
1. Online Invoicing: Not so long ago, you would have to manually print invoices, find a stamp, and wait for your client to receive it in the mail. With online invoicing, your client receives your bill moments after your team pulls out of their driveway, and they have the added benefit of being able to pay in just a few clicks. It's so much easier for everyone.
2. Fleet Management Software: Whether you run two crews or twenty, managing all those vehicles can be tricky. Not only do you want to know where they are and when, but you want to be able to keep track of maintenance issues and repairs. With a fleet management software system, you can do it all at the touch of a button. There's no more rifling through files and logbooks.
3. CRM Software: Customer relationship management software helps you manage all your clients. Not only do you know when they were last serviced and what they had done, but you also can input things like their birthday or notes about damage your team noticed before starting. You no longer need a hanging file folder for each and every client; it's all in the CRM software.
4. Social Media Marketing: Like all the other technology on this list, social media cuts down on a task, namely sending out postcards and fliers to clients, but it also saves you money. Social media levels the playing field between small businesses and large corporations. Anyone can use social media to their advantage, regardless of the size of their marketing budget.
5. Online Scheduling: Yes, everyone needs a website for their small business these days, but a website is only as good as you build. A static home page with contact information really isn't going to cut it anymore. You need to include content marketing, a live chat feature, and an online scheduling option. People wants the ability to schedule their own appointment, even if they don't remember to do it until three in the morning. You're always open with online scheduling.
With all the hats that an owner needs to wear, it is helpful to use technology to get the tasks done faster and more efficiently.